Show title settings not working
On a site migrated from joomla 1.5 to 2.5.7 the settings for showing titles are not being applied.
This has been a common complaint in th joomla forums and there has been some confusion about the multiple places that this parameter can be set.
What I found is that the way this is stored in the database is different. The 2.5 install uses JSON formatting for this field and when I open a menu item and save it, it gets put back in the database in the new format and then works as expected.
What is needed is for this formatting to be accomplished in the migration process. In the meantime I’ll try a SQL find and replace.
Tags: Joomla!, Miigration